Lucky Boy

Now it really has struck me: going abroad isn't just a bed of roses. It has its downsides, too. You'll understand my meaning after you've read the following two verses. Below is my adaptation of the jazz-standard, Nature Boy:

Lucky Boy

There was a boy,
A very strange but funny boy,
They say he'd wander very far,
very far, over land and seas,
Never shy nor sad of eye,
but very sly,
was he.

Then came that day,
That magic day, you passed his way,
And while you spoke of many things,
fools and kings, this occurred to him,
The greatest thing you'll ever learn,
is just to love and be loved,
in return.

- To my sweet-heart and the love of my life, LP -

1 Response to "Lucky Boy"

  1. Menina says:
    August 23, 2011 at 11:47 AM

    Te amo mais que ninguém Jopão... Saudades!

Post a Comment